Gav's Ultimate Chicken Caesar Salad
Follow these simple instructions to make your own Ultimate Chicken Caesar Salad
For The Chicken:
- Althams Chicken Fillets (flattened)
- 1/2 Crushed Clove or 1/2 a Teaspoon of Dried Garlic (per Chicken Fillet)
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Dried Thyme (per Chicken Fillet)
- Juice of Half a Lemon
For The Croutons:
- 1 Medium Crusty Baguette (cut into small cubes)
- Salt & Pepper (to season)
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 20ml of Olive Oil
For The Salad:
- Althams Sliced Pancetta
- Baby Gem Lettuce
- Parmesan Shavings
- Caesar Dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ Fan 170°C/ Gas 5.
2. In a bowl add the Crusty Bread Cubes, drizzle with the Olive Oil and season with the Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. Stir until all cubes are coated.
3. Place evenly onto a baking tray and place on the middle shelf of the oven to cook for 8-10 minutes (or until golden brown).
4. Take your flattened Chicken Fillets and season with Garlic, Thyme and a sprinkling of Lemon Juice.
5. Preheat 5ml of Olive Oil in a frying pan, once hot add your seasoned Chicken Fillets and cook on a moderate heat for 6-8 minutes, turning when needed until cooked through and no pink colour remains.
6. Once the chicken is cooked through, place the sliced Pancetta into a pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until crispy.
7. Wash the Baby Gem Lettuce and chop if desired. Place into a bowl and top with the cooked Chicken, Pancetta and Croutons. Dress with Caesar Dressing and Parmesan Shavings and serve.