Halloween Sausage Mummies
Halloween might not be the same as usual this year, but there are plenty of things to do to keep the kids entertained. Why not try and make your very own Halloween Sausage Mummies, with our scrumptious Sausages they're the perfect snack for all.
1 340g pack Althams Butchers Pork Sausages (why not try this with a pack of our flavoured sausages for a little twist)
1 large roll Ready Rolled Puff Pastry (cut into thin strips)
1 Egg (beaten)
1 tablespoon of Chopped Black Olives (to decorate)
If sausages have been frozen at home defrost thoroughly before cooking
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ Fan 170°C/ Gas 5 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Take one of the thin strips of Pastry and wrap around one of the Sausages until fully covered, depending on the size of your Puff Pastry Rolls you may need more than one strip of Pastry.
3. Once all 6 Sausages are wrapped in the Pastry, place on to the lined baking tray.
4. With the left-over Pastry split in to 12 small balls no bigger than a five pence piece, making a small indent in the middle of each one. In the indent place a piece of chopped Black Olive, making eyes for the Mummies.
5. Place two eyes on each of the Mummies and then brush with the beaten egg. Place in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve with Tomato or Chilli Sauce for a 'bloody' Halloween dip. Before serving ensure food is piping hot throughout. This is a guide only, all cooking appliances vary.